Nikas Safronov is one of the most prominent Russian contemporary painters and an Honored artist of the Russian Federation. The biggest part of his heritage is now kept in different state and private collections worldwide. Collectors from Western Europe, for example, bought around 800 art pieces by the artist. Amongst the owners of Nikas Safronov’s works there are such celebrities as Alla Pugacheva, Sophia Loren, Alain Delon, Pierre Cardin, Diana Ross, Madonna, Mikhail Gorbachev, Nikita Mikhalkov and many others. Nikas Safronov is also well known for the series of portraits of Russian presidents Dmitry Medvedev and Vladimir Putin and presidents and royals of foreign countries.
Having a wide range of artistic preferences, Nikas Safronov has managed to gain public interest as well as the acknowledgement of connoisseurs of art and art critics. His solo exhibitions are always an outstanding, headline-grabbing cultural events, that bring together tens of art lovers.
The scale of genres and styles in which Nikas Safronov works is pretty wide: icon style, cubism, symbolism, psychological portraits etc. Many of his art works are based on profound metaphors and the unique system of symbols. The artist tends to use not only traditional art techniques but also applies modern polygraph technologies.
The exhibition will display over a 100 of the best works by the artist.
Nikolay (Nikas) Stepanovitch
Born on April 8, 1956 in Ulyanovsk.
He graduated from the V.I. Surikov Moscow State Art Institute.
Academician of the Russian Academy of Arts
Professor at the University of Ulyanovsk
Art director of the magazine "America"
Chief designer at the magazine "MONOLITH Digest."
Nikas Safronov began his professional career in 1973 and for more than 30 years, he is a regular participant of the largest-scale domestic and foreign exhibitions.
The most prominent exhibitions in the last 8 years
• 2004 - Krasnodar State Art Museum;
• July 2005 - the gallery "Russian Portrait" (St. Petersburg);
• July 2006 at the international Art Festival "Slavic Bazaar" in Vitebsk; November 2006 - the Museum of Modern Art (Kharkov, Ukraine);
• November 2007 - Edifice 14 of the Kremlin Residence of the Russian President Administration (Moscow);
• February 2008 -S.D.Erzi Mordovia Republic Museum of Fine Arts (Saransk); April 2008 - the Regional Museum of Art (Cheboksary); May - National Art Gallery of the Republic of Mari El (Yoshkar-Ola); June 2008 - the Russian Consulate General in Munich (Germany); July 2008 - Sochi Art Museum; September 2008 - the Regional Museum of Art (Vladimir); October 2008 - the Central Exhibition Hall Manege (Moscow) at the presentation of the new joint album "Nikas - Jewellery House Aesthete";
• February 2009, MAUK (municipal autonomous cultural institution) Exhibition Complex Gallery (Izhevsk); in April 2009 in OGUK (local state cultural institution) Lenin Memorial complex (Ulyanovsk); May 2009 – V.P.Sukachev Irkutsk Regional Art Museum and K.A.Savitski Penza Art Gallery, June - Kislovodsk (FGUK (federal state cultural institution) State Philharmonic Hall of Caucasian Mineral Waters Region); July - Samara, August - Kazan (National Museum of the Republic of Tatarstan); September – Odessa; October - Kiev, November - Nizhny Novgorod State Exhibition Centre.
• 2010 - Yaroslavl (Yaroslavl Art Museum), Kirov ( Vasnetsovs Kirov Regional Art), Tyumen (State Museum of Fine Arts)
• 2011 - Voronezh, Volgograd, Saratov, Orenburg, Arkhangelsk, Bishkek, Ryazan, Kaliningrad, Orsk, Petrozavodsk, Omsk
• 2012 - Kemerovo, Chelyabinsk, Novosibirsk, Ekaterinburg, Novokuznetsk, Prokopevsk, Barnaul, Gelendzhik
Nikas Safronov is an Honorary Citizen of Russia and Honorary Citizen of Ulyanovsk.
In 1998, Nikas Safronov was awarded the title "High-Society Artist", was decorated with the International Order of St. Constantine the Great, the Order of St. Stanislav, Order of St. Anne of the second degree.
Nikas Safronov is a holder of the Order of Russian Patrons(2003), "Knight of Art and Science" of the Russian Academy of Natural Sciences (2003), "Creator of the year 2002", "Man of the year 2002" in the nomination "Culture" (Russian Biographical Institute).
In February 2009 Nikas Safronov received the annual international prize "Person of the Year 2008" for his contribution to art.
In November 2010 the Orthodox Patrons Club decorated Nikas with the Order "For the Good Deed". In March 2011 the Russian Academy of Arts upon the Presidium of Academy's decision gave Nikolai Stepanovich Safronov the "Gold Medal" Berlin, May 2012 Nikas Safronov, alongside his coauthor Vera Khamidulina received the Grand Prix "Best Book of the Year" (verses inspired by Nikas' paintings).