Exhibition dedicated to the house of Lobanov-Rostovsky
Exhibition dedicated to the house of Lobanov-Rostovsky will begin working on June 25, 2009 at 14:00 at the museum of the Russian Academy of Arts. The center exhibit will be an architectural model of a building, which is ceremonially presented for a permanent stay at the museum of the Academy of Arts . The model which was fist presented at the Petersburg Economic Forum in 2009, will become a permanent part of the exhibition “Architecture of Petersburg in XVIII-XIX centuries in models, drawings and drafts”.
During the epoch of the Russian Empire, the building, which was erected by the author of Isaac’s cathedral in 1817-1820, contained the Military Ministry Administration. After 1917 this was the location of community apartments, telephone station, school and a design institute. As a result of multiple reconstructions, the house with lions became time-worn and lost the luxury of its initial interiors. In 2002 the building was managed by the Administrative Department of the President of the Russian Federation and a decision was made to restore the building and reequip it for a luxury class hotel. The best hotel on the Neva river, Four Seasons Lion Palace St. Petersburg, will be opened here when the works are completed. Initial beauty of the facades and the famous lion’s stair will be viewed by the residents and guests of Petersburg.
The performed work is under the supervision of the State Committee on control, usage and protection of historical and cultural monuments of Saint Petersburg, the Federal supervision service of legal matters pertaining to the protection of cultural inheritance and also under the supervision of the Administrative Department of the President of the Russian Federation. The project is also under the supervision of the management of Four Seasons Hotel & Resorts; a leading world operator of luxury class hotels, invited to manage the hotel.
The initiative of organizing the exhibit and presenting the museum with the model was made by “Tristar Investment Holding”, which is the owner of the model and is performing the restoration project of the legendary house with lions. The model, which represents the house after restoration, will be accessible for view up until July 26 to every visitor of the Catherine hall in the museum. Photographs along with pictures which are displayed in the general exhibit will tell about the building’s past and together with the model will give a representation of how the first luxury hotel in the Northern capital will soon look.
The restoration of the unique building will allow the house to become “the business card” of the Northern capital. This architectural monument is receiving its second life and will be commenced to serve the city.
Detailed information is available at www.lionspalaсe.ru.
The exhibition will be opened from June 25, 2009 to June 28, 2009 and from July 3, 2009 to July 26, 2009. The museum is open from 11:00 to 18:00, register is open till 17:15. Museum is closed on Mondays and Tuesdays.
Contact person: Maria Bondareva, scientific secretary of the museum.